How to Overcome Osteoporosis and Facts on Osteoporosis
December 10, 2015 beninguide 0 Comments
Osteoporosis is one of the joint problems often encountered at all ages, especially the elderly. Basically, Osteoporosis is a disease in which there is damage to the cartilage lining the joints, thinning or lost and this would cause friction between joint surfaces during the move and cause pain.
Treatment in patients with osteoporosis, especially in osteoporosis in the elderly should be investigated for osteoporosis. How to treat bone calcification and bone loss drug is easiest regularly consume calcium and vitamin D. Vitamin D can easily get well by way of basking in the morning sunshine. Vitamin D can also be obtained from foods such as eggs, fish, milk and cheese.
Facts on Osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis is a condition increase susceptibility to fracture due to brittle bones.
- Osteoporosis weakens bones and increases the risk of fractures.
- Bone mass (bone density) decreases after the age of 35 years, and decline more rapidly in women after menopause.
- Key risk factors for osteoporosis include genetic factors, lack of exercise, lack of calcium and vitamin D, a personal history of fractures in adulthood, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, low weight, and family history who have osteoporosis.
- Patients with osteoporosis have no symptoms until a fracture when it occurs.
- Diagnosis can be suggested is Digital x-ray imaging and confirmed by using a test measuring bone density.
- Treatment for osteoporosis, in addition to using prescription drugs for osteoporosis, is to stop the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes, and meet the needs of exercise, calcium and vitamin D sufficient.