Differences Braces and Invisalign
November 20, 2015 beninguide 0 Comments
If you are considering braces or Invisalign to straighten your teeth, or your child’s teeth, you may have many questions. Which is more effective and more affordable?
Responding to that, both designed to straighten teeth and improve the quality of your smile. However there are some differences that make them appeal.
The use of braces consist of metal brackets (bracket) attached to the teeth and tied together by a cord and a small rubber band. Nowadays, you can get a bracket that matches the color of enamel or using a variety of colors to suit your wishes.
While Invisalign is deliberately designed to be invisible. Aligner trays are made of a smooth surface, comfortable, free clear plastic that is worn over your teeth.
Here’s the difference between Braces and Invisalign:
- Braces: Metal-usually silver, can pay extra color
- Invisalign: Obviously, invisibility
- Braces: 24/7 for an average of 2 years, depending on the patient’s needs
- Invisalign: 22-24 hours per day for 6-18 months depending on the patient’s needs
How to maintain oral hygiene
- Braces: Brushing teeth on a regular wire; waterpick can be a tool support
- Invisalign: Invisalign cleaning system with Invisalign trays brushing and soaking in water at room temperature
- Braces: Once every 1 month
- Invisalign: Invisalign trays change every two weeks, visits every 4-6 weeks
- Braces: Retainer used for continuous, maybe just at night
- Invisalign: Retainer used for continuous, perhaps only for a night
Braces: more effective for more complex problems, can not remove the wire itself, no extra cleaning of steps required in addition to regular brushing and flossing
Invisalign: invisibility, can be removed, there is no problem with the food stuck in between the wire, there is no difficulty eating, no inconvenience of wires